People, I have let myself go:( It is a long road to running a marathon, let alone qualifying for Boston. I have been sick, the weather has sucked, the babies have been sick, we moved...These are all my excuses why I haven't worked out in quite a while. Well, here it is. Do or die time. If I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and try to qualify, here is what it's gonna take...
1) Run-duh, I have to make the feet hit the pavement.
2) Lift weights-I need, need, need to work on core and upper body strength. I truly believe this is the key to me making it.
3) Eat better-Lordy to I need to do my homework on this one!
4) Drop 8 pounds-It is just a fact, the less you weigh, the less weight you carry for 26.2 miles
5) Drink more water-'nuff said
6) Get more sleep-blog less:(
7) Join health club-this is not a must, I just think it would help me.
8) Buy a heart monitor-I have never trained with one, but my friends who have swear by it.
9) Research Marathons-Which one am I running, where, and why. I need a point to point decline.
10) Cross train-I gotta find something else I like to do, that I can do with the babies.
11) Rejoin my running group-Such a wealth of information there.
12) Buy new shoes-more research
13) Just do it!
That's quite a list...At least now, I know what I am up against.....