I wasn't going to do a Thursday Thirteen this week. Then I realized there was tons of stuff kickin' around in my head and I'm just going to get it all out...Without further ado, I give you the contents of my noggin'.
1) I was contacted by a fellow blogger about a little baby who is in the hospital. All she wanted, was everyone to pray for this brave little fellow and his family. I did her one better and linked up a badge to their site. Go read little Jeremy's story...I don't care if you believe in the power of prayer, good vibes, positive thoughts, or a kind word...go and give it to this family. They need all the positive they can get. If you care to put this code on your blog, it links to Jeremy's updates...
2) I'm pissed off, I just finished this list and lost it!!!
3) What was Obama thinking when he made the comment about Pennsylvanians?!! It doesn't matter how he meant it, you can't say anything and not assume you are not being recorded...C'mon!
4) J. K. Rowling is a bad egg. She is suing this poor sap who has been writing the blog The Lexicon. He had planned to publish a Potter encyclopedia. She and Warner Bros. won't let him. Seriously, have they not made enough money?!? This is a run of maybe 1,500 books. Until now, J.K.R. has praised his site and used it as a reference. This guy loves her and her work, now she's suing him...Really J.K.R!?! Really, go buy an island!
5) The Bro is going to the China Olympics (for TV, not an athlete). I'm just worried about all the Tibet protests, does this have the potential to get ugly?
6) Sissy hasn't started a blog.
7) I have chosen the marathon I want to run...problem, it's a lottery entry. If I get in, I am going to train like the wind. If not, I am not going to run a marathon this year. Here's the thing, I've run 6 marathons. I don't have to prove I can do one. I need to cut 14 min. out of my time. It's all about picking the right course, and I believe this one is the one. Wish me luck on the lottery!
8) I was contacted by email today by my "Aidan"...you know, Aidan from Sex and the City, well this was my version...The guy I dated before I married Husband. He had come across my blog and wanted to say "hi". Such a blast from a life that seems light years away from where I am now. He's married and living in S.F. with two kiddos. It's just so weird when you think about the person you were before you had kiddos...My life was so focused on me. Who was that girl?
9) Husband has been working like a dog. I'm behind him 100%, I just want him to be successful. It leaves all the parenting squarely on my shoulders, I'm wiped out!
10) Did you see David Cook on Idol last night? Any one who can rock out a Mariah Carey song deserves to win in my book! This guy was awesome!!!
11) Totally rooting for Jason and Edyta on Dancing With the Stars. I'm in the Kristy has an unfair advantage camp.
12) Can't wait for Women's Murder Club to come back! Problem is, it's taking Boston Legal's time slot. Where is my Boston Legal going?
13) I keep chugging along with Illustrator...Today I drew a pear...